Suddenly, we are fighting two elections in 2017. We campaigned to get more Green county councillors elected on 4 May and now have to quickly launch our Green Party general election campaign in Oxfordshire. We have 5 candidates standing in Oxfordshire: Larry Sanders in Oxford East, Ian Middleton in Banbury, Robin Bennett in Henley, Sue Ap-Roberts in Wantage and Claire Lasko in Witney.
This is a short campaign with urgent deadlines. We have already spent £3500 to pay for printing election leaflets that the Royal Mail will deliver to all voters in 5 Oxfordshire constituencies and £2500 on the deposits for 5 candidates to stand for Parliament. The Freepost leaflets will start appearing on doormats next week.
That is just the start! To mount an effective campaign we need volunteers and money. Please give whatever you can afford:
- £5 can pay for a canvassing pack to equip a volunteer.
- £10 will print 500 posters for a town.
- £25 pays for a Facebook advertisement.
- £120 pays for 6000 leaflets to get Green supporters to vote.
- £240 will pay for an advertisement in all the free newspapers in Oxfordshire.
- £500 covers the deposit for one candidate.
- £700 will pay for a leaflet delivered by Freepost to every household in a constituency.
- £2000 paid to print and post a letter to every postal voter in Oxford East.
Donate to our fighting fund now. Give a little, or give a lot, whatever you can afford. Thank you.