We need your help so we can continue to fight elections in Oxfordshire. Earlier in 2017 we had to fight two elections. We had planned for the county council election, but not a snap general election. So we ended up drawing on our reserves as we spent £7000 more than we raised in donations.
In 2018 we will be fighting local council elections in 60% of Oxfordshire. In Oxford City 3 Green councillors are up for re-election and under threat from Labour. To fund that campaign and recover from the general election losses we need to raise £4,000.
To mount an effective campaign we need volunteers and money. Please give whatever you can afford:
- £5 can pay for a canvassing pack to equip a volunteer.
- £10 will print 500 posters for a town.
- £25 pays for a Facebook advertisement.
- £40 pays for mobile phone canvassing for a month.
- £100 pays for 5000 leaflets to get Green supporters to vote.
- £250 will pay for an advertisement in all the free newspapers in Oxfordshire.
- £500 gets us a list of voter telephone numbers to call.
- £2000 paid to print and post a letter to every postal voter in wards we can win.
Donate to our fighting fund now. Give a little, or give a lot, whatever you can afford. Thank you.Donate
This year we are printing twice as many copies of Green News, the Oxfordshire Green Party's newspaper, to get our message out across Oxfordshire. We need your help to print 26,000 copies.
The press are happy to publicise UKIP, but rarely even talk about the Green Party. We saw that in the European Election campaign, and now the broadcasters have decided to include one party with a single MP in the leadership debate, but not the Green Party. We cannot rely on them, we have have to do it ourselves.
In Green News, your neighbours will hear from our parliamentary candidates what we are doing on issues such as affordable housing, care for the vulnerable, fracking, renewable energy, flooding and what our councils are not doing.
26,000 copies of Green News will be delivered around the county to publicise our candidates and the Green Fair. It will cost us just over £1000 to print. Please help.
- £8 pays for a bundle to be delivered to 200 houses in your street.
- £40 will pay for 1000.
- £80 pays for copies for a whole council ward.
Please chip in what you can, and make this a successful Green News, and a good start to our general election campaign.Donate
We are fighting to get more Green Party MPs and councillors elected on 8 June 2017. It is only the Green Party which will make this country liveable for our children and grandchildren, fighting for a better environment and better public services, including a public National Health Service.
Anyone in the world can contribute to our campaign here. Political donations of more than £500 to parties are restricted to UK-registered electors and companies. UK voters can donate on this page.
To mount an effective campaign we need volunteers and money. Give whatever you can afford:
- £5 ($7; €6) can pay for a canvassing pack to equip a volunteer.
- £10 ($13; €12) will print 500 posters for a town.
- £100 ($130; €120) will pay for a public meeting or a letter to postal voters.
- £500 ($670; €600) covers the deposit for one candidate.
Donate to our fighting fund now. Give a little, or give a lot, whatever you can afford.Donate
Thanks for coming to the donations page for our Greener Growth for Oxfordshire campaign! Please think about giving something on a regular basis; this will help us to achieve our aim of running an office as well as paying staff to help our local groups, and supporting our target campaigns.
We know what a difference it makes to have a place where people can call in and find out what’s going on and how to help. Thanks to a one-off national donation, we were able to hire a campaign manager and volunteer co-ordinator for the general election campaign in Oxford East. This made a great difference to the organisation of the campaign. It was the best general election campaign we had ever had, getting 11.6% of the vote, five times what we did in 2010!
We now need to get more people donating each month, so we can build on our surge of new members and activists. Please chip in whatever you can.
You can donate via paypal using the link below or by standing order.
If your monthly donation is:
- £50 - it pays a month’s office rent
- £10 - it pays for 1 hour per month of staff time
- £5 - it pays for 100 people a month to hear from us directly, in areas where it counts the most
You can read full details of our fundraising campaign at Greener Growth for Oxfordshire.Donate